Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thanks Dad

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I wish someone would have told me how bad it sucks to grow up and gain responsibilities. The last couple of months I have been in the awful process of trying to find reasonable health insurance for my family. I was not prepared for how depressing it would be. The insurance offered by my employer is outrageously priced with a huge deductible and large co-pays. To insure Ericka alone would cost me 300 dollars a month; an amount that I cannot afford. Thus, I have turned to insurance offered by private companies. Unfortunately, they do not provide much better rates. I find myself praying that no one in my family gets ill because if they do I don't know if we will be able to get them the help that they need.

All of this despair has helped me understand how much I took for granted when I was younger. I never was concerned about what a medical procedure would cost. I did not worry about co-pays or deductibles. If I was sick I went to the doctor and assumed that the insurance company paid for everything. Now I realize how naive I was. My Dad has always told us that he could not quit Autoliv because he needed the insurance. I can now comprehend why a man would work somewhere like Autoliv just for health insurance. I have seen firsthand how priceless, and in my experience how hard to come by, a decent health insurance plan is. I have gained a new appreciation for my Father. In short, thanks Dad for all the sacrifices you made and all that you gave up in order to ensure that your family was properly taken care of.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwesome

Rammells said...

I just found your blog, LOVE the pics. Your kids are growning up WAY to fast. Love, Diana