Friday, December 12, 2008

Learn to Laugh


I was reading the General Conference edition of the November Ensign and came across this quote from Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin. It made me laugh so hard I wanted to share it.


"Have you ever seen an angry driver who, when someone else makes a mistake, reacts as though that person has insulted his honor, his family, his dog, and his ancestors all the way back to Adam? Or have you had an encounter with an overhanging cupboard door left open at the wrong place and the wrong time which has been cursed, condemned, and avenged by a sore-headed victim? There is an antidote for times such as these: learn to laugh."


Elder Wirthlin has always reminded me of the good times I had as a primary kid in Mexico. When I was only 6 or 7 years old he came to visit our stake in Puebla. I can still remember the excitement we felt in knowing a member of the Quorum of the Twelve was coming to visit us. The joy Elder Wirthlin brought to us remains with me to this day. I was saddened to learn of his death, but have found great inspiration in his teachings these last few weeks. He was a humble servant of the Lord. May our Savior be with his family during this difficult time.

No comments: