Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My New Wheels


So I recently decided to upgrade my auto and bought this bad boy (please take notice of the incredibly cool splash guards). Figured the best way to spend some of our rebate was to make a purchase that would allow me to break the flaxen cord that the oil companies had on me. Gas mileage is awesome. After doing some figuring on gas, oil changes, maintenance, and gym memberships we decided it would save us about $1,000.00 a year. Not too bad an investment. It has been a real fun way to get around. Traveling to Kearney can be rather tough though (80 miles round trip), but luckily I don't do that more than once or twice a week. Only problem has been trying to figure out how we are going to carry our food storage when it comes time to move to Missouri.

Oh yeah, in answer to my Mother's pressing question, I am incredibly hot and sweaty when I get to work, but when you hang out with criminals all day, who cares.

3 comments:

Rammells said...

Cool bike, you inspire me.

So question, do you wear tight biker shorts, and if you do, will you post a picture?

Carl Anderson said...

Of course not. I found them way too restrictive. I prefer to wear a speedo. Now that I have calluses built up the chafing is very minimal. As far as the picture, I don’t need to post one. Just watch the scene in Tommy Boy when Chris Farley answers the door in his underwear, that will give you a pretty good idea.

Anonymous said...

You constantly amaze me with your awesome insight. I'm am sure you are going to start a trend with this new mode of transportation! I could have done without the calluses and chafing part though. Once again taking lemons and making lemonade!